Stage Werx Rental Information
Brand new, state of the art LED lighting system with brilliant colors and easy operation, sound system with 4 house speakers, dual cd player, and 14 channel Mackie mixer, Epson projector and electric drop down 12×10 screen, acting boxes, chairs, tables and other doo dads.
A smattering of rental terms:
- The person signing the contract (hereafter known as Renter) agrees to accept full responsibility for any and all persons (hereafter known as Agents of Renter and include, actors, directors, producers, technical and house staff, family, friends, audience and others) invited to or participating in activities sponsored by the Renter. Renter will be responsible for any loss or damage to anything belonging to Stage Werx Theatre resulting from the actions of anyone involved with the Renter under this agreement. Renter agrees to accept full liability for injury to any person involved with the Renter under this agreement. Renters agree to provide their own insurance and name Stage Werx as an additionally insured. Renter agrees to hold harmless Stage Werx Theatre and Ty McKenzie under this agreement.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Stage Werx Cancellation Policy is as follows: No refunds for full or short performance runs including rehearsals for full or short performance runs 90 days or less before the first day the booking begins. No refunds 30 days or less before booked date begins for rehearsals, classes or workshops separate from productions.
- All Renters must state their intended use of this theatre. No use outside of stated and agreed upon uses are allowed. Any alteration of the contracted rental use must be discussed and approved.
- The security deposit and rent are due on the execution and delivery of the rental contract in order to reserve the dates requested.
- All Renters will provide a minimum of $200 refundable security deposit in the form of a check when using any part of Stage Werx. This rate is subject to increases during negotiation of venue use.
- Hold harmless and waiver. Stage Werx provides no Insurance for Renters, Renters agents, or Renters property. Renter will provide their own insurance naming Stage Werx as additionally insured and hold Stage Werx harmless and in no way accountable for any liability for personal injury, property damage, or theft caused by unforeseen or uncontrolled circumstances. Damages caused by Renter or their Agents are the sole responsibility of Renter.
- Renter agrees to staff the lobby any time the front door to the theatre remains propped open.
- Renter agrees to provide, at their cost, experienced personnel to operate the technical equipment located in the Technical Booth at Stage Werx. If the Renter does not have an experienced technical person, Stage Werx can provide an experienced technical/house staff at $75/night. Stage Werx approved technical staff can run all equipment, open and close the theatre and provide support throughout your rental.
- All experienced theatre technicians must set up an appointment to meet with the Technical Director of Stage Werx for evaluation and training on Stage Werx equipment. This is provided at no cost and must occur before the Renters show.
- The lighting system at Stage Werx is an LED light system with QLC+ Software. There is a learning curve to work with this software if you are setting different light cues. There are many ‘looks’ already set so it’s relatively easy for someone who has a basic understanding of stage lighting. Training on the system is required and your lighting tech should contact Ty to set up a time to train.
- Renter agrees to ensure that no live flames are used at Stage Werx.
- Stage Werx does not guarantee or provide video equipment for use during your rental. If Stage Werx has a working video projector and screen, your group will be welcome to use it, free of charge.
- There is no smoking in or around the building at 446 Valencia st.
- Stage Werx does not have a beer and wine or liquor license. No alcoholic beverages can be sold or served at Stage Werx. Renter agrees to monitor and protect the venue from illegal alcohol sales or service. No promotional material can promote BYOB or have any mention of alcohol.
- Two VIP seats are reserved for Stage Werx use during your show or run. Stage Werx Representatives agree to inform renter of use of these seats at least 1 week in advance and Stage Werx agrees to forgo use of these seats should the show be sold out.
- Stage Werx will provide to the renter webpage promotions. Renter can submit a jpg, copy, ticket info, website link and contact information. Renter will also be given an 8×11 space in the second display case.
- Stage Werx has a fully functional sprinkler system. There are 49 active pressurized sprinkler heads throughout the venue. Renter agrees to not hang any items from sprinkler pipes and to restore the system in full should the system be activated through accidental or necessary means as a result of Renter or it’s Agents.
- Stage Werx allows live chickens with a heavy deposit. Stage Werx bans bison altogether
- Stage Werx cannot be held responsible for items of value left in the venue. Renter will not hold Stage Werx responsible should they leave items of value.
- Any rental with an advertised or invited audience, with or without paid entry is charged a minimum of $250.
Rental of this theatre is charged by the show. Any new audience brought into the venue is charged a minimum of $250
- The Person signing the contract (Renter) is responsible for fulfilling all terms of the contract. Furthermore, the Renter signing the contract will be present during contracted rental times and not place others in charge of this venue. Should the Renter need to share this responsibility of fulfilling the terms of this contract to ensure the terms are fulfilled, Renter can co-sign this contract with 1 or more persons. Each person will become “Renter” and will be responsible for the terms of the contract.
- Only the Renter is allowed entry codes to the building and only the Renter can open and close the building. If the Renter needs to assign this task to another to assist their ability to produce in this venue, the Renter can request a training session for a specific Agent of the Renter from a Stage Werx Representative. The Stage Werx Representative is the only one allowed to give codes and train personnel in opening, closing and maintaining the venue.
Stage Werx has installed security cameras inside the theatre and outside in front of the theatre. Please be aware that cameras are monitored and recorded for protection.